Re: [tlug] WiMax for mobile internet?

>>  1. Softbank data-hodai contract (the 2-year contract is up soon, and I
>> do not intend to get a new phone from Softbank, partly because my
>> current android phone is good enough, partly that I really, really
>> dislike that it is locked and I cannot put in a local SIM when visiting
>> another country.)
>
> Out of curiosity, why can't you just get it unlocked?

Ignorance! Is it possible to do it without damaging the phone, or
affecting the way it works with Softbank? (E.g. I'm happy to just update
the android version when told to, I don't want to think about those
details... perhaps I'm confusing that with root-ing the phone? Are they
separate things?)

Darren