Re: [tlug] WiMax for mobile internet?

> I'm looking at upgrading my ca. 2009-era Emobile USB dongle to WiMax.
>
> Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this?

This is a timely topic for me, as I'm wondering about the practicality
of replacing a few telecom contracts (*) with a single service (and
skype). E.g. http://superwifi.rakuten.co.jp/

I'm not fully following the posts so far, so can anyone recommend a good
overview article, that describes the terms, pros/cons, etc.

TIA,
Darren

*: In case you're interested:
 1. Softbank data-hodai contract (the 2-year contract is up soon, and I
do not intend to get a new phone from Softbank, partly because my
current android phone is good enough, partly that I really, really
dislike that it is locked and I cannot put in a local SIM when visiting
another country.)
 2a. An NTT ADSL Type 2 line
 2b. A biglobe dedicated IP (None of my clients have required this of me
for over a year now...)
 3. A normal NTT phone line
 (4. Our mansion also has a free internet connection, that I've never
used, due to it not offering a dedicated IP option, and therefore
needing the above anyway.)