Re: [tlug] memcached / alternatives

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Miles Colman <mcolman@example.com> wrote:
> I guess I should have said that remote isn't caching as much as I expected.
> Anyway, I'm going to have to look at how to put things into cache more
> before I look at distributed stuff.

Try `cat /dev/sda >/dev/zero` on the remote while running `dstat -tma`
in another terminal.
Also try with smaller files.

I tested it with a smaller file (2G) and the buffered memory was
returned as soon as the cat command finished. Then I tired with
/dev/sda (60G) and it went up until about 50MB free were reported and
stayed there (buff was 6.5GB) until I issued `echo 3
>/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches` then dropped to 2M.

Kalin.