Re: [tlug] EDICT dictionary on Kindle

On 17 December 2012 09:26, John Mettraux <jmettraux@example.com> wrote:
> I've generated a Kindle (.mobi) version of EDICT2.
>
> It's at
>
>   http://cipangu.s3.amazonaws.com/edict2.mobi
>
> The tool I used to generate it is at
>
>   https://github.com/jmettraux/edict2-kindle
>
> Using the dict happily on a Kindle Paperwhite 2012.

I have been experimenting with those tools to make
a copy myself, with  a view to making a weekly updated
version to put into distribution.

I looked at the results using the Kindle Previewer, but:

(a) I couldn't search by kana or kanji. I suspect this is
a shortcoming of the previewer;

(b) it looked as though there were only ~118k entries
included instead of the full ~170k.

I have put my version at:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict2.mobi
Can someone with a Kindle try it out and check on
(a) and (b) above for me?

TIA

Jim
--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University