Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

Hi Charles,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Charles Muller
<acmuller@example.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a Linux-based VPS that allows about 40 GB
> (preferably something in the Debian/Ubuntu family). Location can be
> here in Japan, as well as in North America or Europe, hopefully in
> the range of less than $50 a month.
>
> Most importantly, what we ideally want is a provider that offers a
> barebones Linux install as an option. We want to be able to install
> our own Apache, Perl, rsync, ssl and BDB, never hit these issues
> with cpanel or any similar junk and get to run only what we want,
> how we want.

You've received a lot of replies already, but here's another one I know of.

I don't know much about cloud computing, but a company that I am
affiliated with here in Hong Kong (but am not their employee) operates
a cloud service.  Most of their servers are based in Hong Kong.  You
can ask them (in English), if you want better clarification of what
they offer.

This is their cloud service:  http://www.fengqi.asia/ .

Hope this helps!

Ray