Re: [tlug] Making programming easier... or something like that

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 22:01:31 +0900
nigel barker <nigel@example.com> wrote:

> Beginners of any aptitude are easily motivated by something visual,
> even just easygui.py. I might even say they are de-motivated by
> anything not visual. I think this is a sign of the times, because
> "thrivers" used to love learning pascal many years ago.

This sounds interesting. How many years have you been teaching?
What did your early classes look like? How do you teach now?
What made pascal better than other programming languages in your opinion?
Why doesn't this hold true these days? What makes javascript more
difficult than python?

> I hope this contributes something, even if not addressing your
> questions head-on :)

Don't worry about that. Unless i know what i'm asking about i like
to hear anything that is related, even just remotely.

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda