Re: [tlug] Dying Monitor?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:01:12 +0900
pjacobs@example.com wrote:

> I've got a Samsung SyncMaster 245B external monitor that
> has started acting rather strangely. There are times when I power it on,
> connect it to my laptop, and screen remains completely black. Then after
> a while, seemingly out of the blue, the screen comes on. And then after
> another while (sometimes anyway), it goes back to black. The blue power
> light remains on throughout, so I'm thinking it's not an issue with the
> power supply.

It might be stupid, but does hitting the monitor "switch" it on, resp off?
If so, it's probably just a connector gone "bad". Then you can just
screw it open, unplug all connector, plug them in, unplugt them, plug
them in again and put everything together. Hopefully you will not have
too many screws left afterwards and it will work ;-)

If it isnt something simple like this: i would throw the monitor away
and buy a new one (unless you are financially challanged). The time
you invest is usually more than a new monitor costs.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin