[tlug] Engine Yard - Linux System Administration & Support Position

Everyone,

It's been too many years since I've attended a meeting, but I wanted to reach out to the community. This is somebody's dream job.

Tim

===

Engine Yard is looking an experienced Linux engineer who is deeply passionate about the operating system and wants to live on the command line. Reliability and stability are part of our core values at Engine Yard, and we are looking for a Tokyo-based Linux engineer to be part of our global system administration and support team who are responsible for keeping 1,000s of customer systems running perfectly.

Candidates must have a deep understanding of Linux including critical web technologies (DNS, CDN, load balancing, firewalls, VPNs, SMTP, SSL, etc.). Experience with mySQL, Postgres, PHP or Ruby a definite plus. You must be able to multitask and calmly prioritize incoming requests. Most important, you must enjoy solving challenging problems, learning new things, and working with some of the most motivated engineers in the world.

Native Japanese ability and good English reading and writing skills required. Please email an English resume to Tim Romero at tromero@example.com.