Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Photo organizers
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:42:08 +0200
- From: Laurent K <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Photo organizers
- References: <1341441887.31393.140661097944133.39CB4132@webmail.messagingengine.com> <CACDLhbZ5=tn3L=dtzYpQ2yY-JAk=wvt5cN6u=JWdosOncp-u7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAKXLc7cKVmN6XpDshWHVDP=CPC8eWNWiB3bNjqsGfQDMD2F6Kw@mail.gmail.com>
I'm using Gthumb and I'm really happy about it.
It has lots of extensions/add-ons: 33 Extensions installed by default (on Fedora) for Import/Export, Search, Edit meta-data, Renaming, etc...
It support export to: FB, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa and more
Main reason I'm using it is the ability to assign "commands" to numpad, I use it tag my pictures while browsing them. By pressing one key, I run i.e. "exiftool -keywords+="Rating 3 %F"
Then I use the Filter or Search feature to browse only pictures matching my tags.
LaurentOn Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Lyle H Saxon <email@example.com> wrote:Hmm, gwenview looks nice! Haven't seen it before, will try.
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM, David J Iannucci
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on Shotwell vs. Picasa vs. F-Spot vs.
>> digikam vs. ???
> I've been using Gwenview for no better reason than it was already
> there, but it works well enough for thumbnail views, rotating, batch
> deleting, etc.
The only sane software for organising/viewing I use is geeqie (fork of
GQview that is no longer maintained):
For editing I use latest gimp.
OT: Now with D800 and 36MPx JPEG (and raw!) files things are getting
sluggish... And I want higher (current 1920x1200) res display badly!
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
please see the instructions at http://lists.tlug.jp/list.html
The TLUG mailing list is hosted by ASAHI Net, provider of mobile and
fixed broadband Internet services to individuals and corporations.
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Multi-OS videoconferencing
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Cleaning a badly cleaned laser printer
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Photo organizers
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Programmers meetups it Tokyo?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links