[tlug] Multi-OS videoconferencing

I regularly videoconference with some friends: the German guy has a Mac (OSX 6.8), the Colombian/Japanese couple in Geneva have Windows 7, and I use Ubuntu 10.04. Not being Linux types, they have always stuck to using the proprietary Skype, but since we can't all video together without paying (Skype only allows "free" [beer] video one-on-one) they have said they are open to trying an open-source solution.

I am wondering if you guys have any preference on videoconferencing among 3 different OSes: Ekiga, Empathy, or something else? Any tips appreciated.

--Ralph