Re: [tlug] *buntu 12.04

Hi CL,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Hmmm ... thanks.  Like you, I am having daily crashes from Claws Mail
> ,,, actually, more like crashing four or five times a day ... with
> Kubuntu.  I have also had several internal system process crashes in
> Kubuntu but nothing that required a restart.  Xubuntu, on the other
> hand, is crashing completely and requiring a system restart or it
> restarts itself, halting all automated processes that were running.  I
> have been idly wondering whether this is heading toward a difference
> between KDE and XCFE rather than an actual *buntu issue.

Hmmmm, for what it's worth, I'm using Unity.  Yes, I recently switched
to it a couple of months ago...probably a dangerous thing to admit on
this list.  :-)

As for KDE, I do run kdevelop under Unity and it *does* crash every
once in a while.  Very annoying; I can't repeat it enough to describe
it in a bug report.  I do know that when I log out and log back in,
the problem is gone (until a few days later when it reappears).   It
seems the problem is caused by some temporary file stored by kdevelop
which is erased when I log out...

I forgot to include this problem with kdevelop in my previous e-mail;
sadly, I've gotten use to logging out and logging back in...  This
problem, though, is worth than the other crashes; the "crash
reporting" system catches it in time.  I'm not sure if Unity has
anything to do with it [it = catching the crash].

Ray