Re: [tlug] Help on a script...

Hi Kalin,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

You lost me here... you said originally
>>> Do you know how to copy (rsync via ssh) a tree only, no files?

I gave you example on how to duplicate the directory structure,
without copying any files.
Now you talk about log file ?

My main issue was about log files, please read again my first email. Maybe it was not clear
enough, sorry :-) I know how to copy a tree structure. *But* an rsync over it will put logs
again. This is what I would like to avoid.

> What happens in output when you want to copy the actual files, over the new
> tree?

I still get tree log... Which is my point :-) I would like to get *new* and *old* dirs files only.

Completely out of a blue moonlight, omit "-v" and add "-q" and see if
that solves whatever you try to solve.
Otherwise try to explain again.

It will still be verbose when I copy files... I did try it already. Maybe a filter would
be the only solution? But in that case I would not see different dirs (new or old).

And to explain again: My target is to make a copy, with no log for unchanged
directories.

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.