Re: [tlug] [OT] French cuisine

Nick

Sent from Ubuntu on AA1

On 05/30/2012 02:18 AM, Godwin Stewart wrote:
On 29/05/2012 17:18, Attila Kinali wrote:

PS: and i'm glad that the british never succeeded in taking over
france. The french cusine would have suffered a lot ;->
Actually, French cuisine as experienced by most people every day *has*
suffered. Hugely. I was in France until nearly 5 years ago and moved to
the UK in October 2007.

The standard of food preparation in the UK has overtaken that of France
and is now light years ahead unless you're talking haute cuisine that
you need to take a mortgage out on your house to pay for.

If you put traditional UK pub grub and your typical bistrot meal in a
bar in France side by side, there is no comparison possible. I'd take
the food in the UK pub any day of the week.

Awesome. Factoid worth passing along. Why do you think that is? Economy?

Nick