Re: [tlug] looking for a job

On Wed, 23 May 2012 20:44:18 +0900
Lewske Wada <ryu@example.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > Well... there are no beaches in Switzerland, but you have beautifull
> > moutains...and you earn more than enough money to fly to nice beaches
> > anywhere in the world ... not to mention that you get enough vacations
> > to actually go there ;-)
>

> How come are you so sure I earn more than enough money?
> I've already applied for a few jobs there, too.
> CERN is one of them.

I didn't say you "earn more than enough" just that you "earn more than enough
to fly to nice beaches" :-)

And that's because i live in Switzerland and know how much you earn,
if you are in IT or EE. And unless you have 10 mouths to feed or live
in a 200m^2 flat in downtown Zürich, you earn quite enough for most
of your needs.

In IT, i think the best money you can earn in .ch is google. But it isnt
as easy to get in as it was a couple of years ago, when they were building
their Zürich lab. And you have to deal with the little issue of selling
your soul ;-)

			Attila Kinali

PS: for those who are not into Swiss economy: A 30y old in IT earns anything
between 90kchf/y and 200kch/y (before taxes). A flat costs you something
in the range of 500chf/m (one room) to 3000chf/m (nice and new 4.5 room
100m^2), both prices are for the Zürich area. Food costs you something in
the range of 200-1000chf/m depending how much you eat, what you eat and
whether you cook yourself. And you have to account for something in the
range of 200-500chf/m for insurances. Taxes are around 10% cut directly
by the employer (though actually thats not taxes, but insurances)
and an 10-15% additional "membership fee".

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin