Re: [tlug] looking for a job

When I came in 2009, I spend 6 months full-time looking for a job, I finally got a position in a trading company to replace someone resigning because he couldn't handle the stress. I had to go through a traumatizing interview during which a Korean manager yelled and insult me for about an hour. I finally got the job, but asked to start with a week trial to see if I would fit. The morning I had to go sign the final contract I got an amazing job offer in Switzerland that I decided to accept.

I really love Japan and I'm still dreaming to live there for some time, I'll keep applying for as many positions as possible even though not being in the country is a big handicap. I would really appreciate being able to get a job there before leaving my current position.

Lewske Wada: I'm 30. I'm ready to do a lot of compromise, but I'm a IT guy, cooking professionally is not an option.

Shmuel: I'm afraid you are right, not being in the country makes it hard to be taken seriously, but I have enough gut to keep trying! :)