Re: [tlug] Grateful

On 05/16/2012 10:19 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Nick Bikkal<ipod.bikkal@example.com>  wrote:
Thank you for the note. I assembled it myself some years ago. I have 4+4
GB of memory, loads of free disk space and it's a dual core 2.66 GHz
drive. That's not the problem. I just don't have enough experience to do
this right now, I believe. I will keep trying, though. :)
Oh, okay - that's certainly more than enough resources!  I've often
bought old junk used computers, so I've run into resource problems
from time to time.

Incidentally, an easy way to burn install disks is to use the K3b
application (part of Kubuntu, but can be installed and run with Ubuntu
as well).

Lyle

Lyle and others,

Thank you for your support. I went out, got myself a Linux magazine as was suggested, installed it and I'm writing my first note from within the OS. Thank you all. I have some minor problems still but for the most part I'm ok. The printer driver doesn't seem to work.I had the problem with earlier versions of Linux. Maybe Canon just doesn't cooperate!?

--
Nick

Sent from Linux Mint