Re: [tlug] Grateful

On 5/15/2012 12:02 PM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Nick Bikkal<ipod.bikkal@example.com>  wrote:
I was not able to work with the GRUB file. I accidentally ran into an 8.10 Ubuntu, tried installing&  it went smoothly from the start.
Something that just occurred to me is to ask what the specs of your
computer are.  If 8.10 goes in, but 12.04 doesn't, I'm wondering if
your computer's specs aren't up to handling the newer version?  What
is the clock speed of your CPU and how much RAM does it have?  Also,
how large is the HDD?

Lyle
Lyle,

Thank you for the note. I assembled it myself some years ago. I have 4+4 GB of memory, loads of free disk space and it's a dual core 2.66 GHz drive. That's not the problem. I just don't have enough experience to do this right now, I believe. I will keep trying, though. :)

Nick