Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

On 28/04/2012 13:03, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

> Some (recent) motherboards have a supercapacitor instead of a
> battery, or in addition to a battery; old machines have normal
> battery that is usually replaceable (some were soldered).

Many moons ago, when I used to work in a place where we repaired
computers (at a component level, not just by swapping boards out!), most
mainboards I worked on had NiCd batteries that served as backup power
for the CMOS memory. I remember having more than one unhappy customer to
whom I said that I had to change the mainboard anyway because the NiCd
battery had leaked all over it and corroded half of the copper tracks...

--
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>