Re: [tlug] A book to ebook shop?

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 08:41 PM, Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
BTW, I don't use any full service provided by third-parties
to scan my books, because *I think* those service would
not be appropriate to scan publicly published/sold books
in terms of the copyrights laws.
(Just my thoughts/opinions.)

In my opinion (not legal opinion :-) ), I think there wouldn't be a problem with a third party as long as they scan your books and didn't keep a copy afterwards. That is, they also give you back the original one. The problem is that it's hard to say how honest a store can be.

On the other hand, my guess is that the reputable stores may not want to scan the books for you because they think that they are helping you commit a copyright violation.

Neither side trusts the other...  :-)

Ray