Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On 03/04/2012 18:50, Josh Glover wrote:
Agreed. Ubuntu's desktop seems to have made things worse for the
sysadmin / developer user, whilst not improving things for the desktop
user. The Economist has an interesting take on it:

I have a certain amount of sympathy with the idea that they don't just want to be blindly following Windows and Mac but want to be doing something new and innovative in the desktop space, and with the idea that if you're trying to innovate you have to try things and be willing to make mistakes and learn from them.

I think the problem with Ubuntu is that they're so attracted by the new and shiny that they can't actually tell *when* they're making mistakes, and hence can't learn from them.