Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android (CONCLUSION)

Moin,

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:08:15 +0900
CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

> First a correction:  She wasn't getting a スマケイ NOT a スマホ.  OS is
> Android 2.3.  Queries about whether it was possible to upgrade to Ice
> Cream Sandwich drew vacant stares as well as dropped jaws from all
> assembled across the desk.

I know i'm late, but i want to add here a few things.

First, Android 2.3?? WTH? I'm surprised that anyone still dares to
sell a new phone with a 2 year old Android version. I think _that_
is actually the biggest security risk as Android had to learn a few
lessons on secure design in the last years.

Second, a lot of my friends over here have Android phones. Some as
old as 3 years, running 1.5, some brand new. I do not know about
anyome running an AV software on them. Neither have i heard about
any virus problems either (beside the scare crow articles in the press).
Then again, most of my friends are university graduates with technical
background who do not install random apps (the only teenies i know
have iPhones).

I'd say that Softbanks behaviour is either to make money from AV software
or, as has been said, to get rid of customers with smart phone trouble.

			Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?