Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:07:27 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android
- References: <4F747DE6.email@example.com> <CAL_0O1_McaVBPexYRKa1Nh2mJ-uoqoFnb9STcA+xEiXrqHKbJg@mail.gmail.com> <CABHGxq7aw6X=3GsyQkNoSN2tUyAVVQRBsgsyQRXU9N7+DnDtnA@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jim Breen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > 2012/3/30 Stephen J. Turnbull <email@example.com>: >> I have seen several reports that free products for Android aren't >> worth the bandwidth to download them. > > I wonder who wrote the reports? I've downloaded about 10 > free apps, and I don't have complaints about any of them. > Excellent value given the price 8-) > > Did you mean anti-malware apps? Yes, I specifically meant anti-malware apps. I don't have an opinion about the general run of apps, since I don't have time to sample more than about 10^-10 of the population, but security apps I hold to a reasonably high standard since they are very often net-negative (like when the secretary of the CS chair decided that the University firewall meant she could uninstall McAfee, and so (inadvertantly) went into the business of distributing malwares by mail). >> ....The ZDNet report I recently read was >> that of about 25 such products applied to a sample of about 20 common >> malwares, the best (which also was a teaser for a commercial product) >> detected just over half, and the worst (complete freeware), *none*. >> None of them were trojans, at least. :-/ > > Ah, ZDNet. They've been churning out articles about Android > that look ghost-written by Apple. Indeed, but that's why I report the facts they reported.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] AV Preferences for Android
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links