Re: [tlug] You guys okay

2012/3/15 Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>:
> 2012/3/15 Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com>:
>
> > I'm happy that Japan has that many sensors and can report values for
the
> > "Shindo" system down to even the ku-level.  It helps simplify things
> > for the average person since you often want to know what was
actually
> > felt and not what was at the epicenter.
>
> Indeed. You may already know about this page, but it is really great
> after a quake to be pretty sure your friends and family are OK:
>
> http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/quake/

I follow the USGS "Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days" page.
It takes some minutes after a quake before the quake is listed.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

The 10-degree MAP shows recent activity within one week, so you can
easily tell if a spot is getting pounded.  For example:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/145_40.php

The detailed maps and charts area includes a page where you can report
if
you felt the quake or not.  For example:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb0008gs0.php
#maps
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/us/b0008gs0/us/index.
html

I find the Historical Seismicity maps rather interesting as well.

Best regards,
jimb.