Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] You guys okay
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:28:24 +0900
- From: "Jim BLACKSON" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] You guys okay
- References: <CAOmY6TTYhD=ZWhZ4FMjvTNQgKZkPX9QJqnDrBcD3xrBdOnASeA@mail.gmail.com><CAKXLc7cRx4QuODyWaf-0aT9SXUiQmmwNZcciHJsQHV7W61GSiw@mail.gmail.com><CAAhy3dswCgHrymn01Ai=Kde_gRgSAyGyanCh46oh=Y5MENwmpg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFv52OBx9LpNxKTUgOmapR9Ch8bE3o2yYmKRcRZ7=a3hmkWnZA@mail.gmail.com>
2012/3/15 Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org>: > 2012/3/15 Raymond Wan <email@example.com>: > > > I'm happy that Japan has that many sensors and can report values for the > > "Shindo" system down to even the ku-level. It helps simplify things > > for the average person since you often want to know what was actually > > felt and not what was at the epicenter. > > Indeed. You may already know about this page, but it is really great > after a quake to be pretty sure your friends and family are OK: > > http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/quake/ I follow the USGS "Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days" page. It takes some minutes after a quake before the quake is listed. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php The 10-degree MAP shows recent activity within one week, so you can easily tell if a spot is getting pounded. For example: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/145_40.php The detailed maps and charts area includes a page where you can report if you felt the quake or not. For example: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb0008gs0.php #maps http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/us/b0008gs0/us/index. html I find the Historical Seismicity maps rather interesting as well. Best regards, jimb.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Having fun at PyCon, wish you were here!
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] You guys okay
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] You guys okay
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] You guys okay
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links