Re: [tlug] [OT] Sony Metal-ES Cassette Tape (Sony & TDK CT, RIP)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Gen Kanai <gkanai@example.com> wrote:
> You may want to hold onto those until you find the right market for them.  There are people who will pay good money for those. You just have to
> find where they are.
> http://www.tapedeck.org/sony/

Thanks!  I notice they don't have Sony Metal-ES.

> Have you looked on eBay?

Not yet, but while looking around, I noticed some comments about
prices being very high and tips on places to get tapes for more
reasonable prices.  This site has a private review of Sony Metal-ES:
http://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=8433
.
Two trends will likely continue from this point - on the one hand
there will (gradually) be fewer and fewer high-quality decks that
people are using that require metal cassette tape, and on the other
hand, there is a finite supply of metal tape, so as it's used,
remaining unopened new tapes will become harder to find and increase
in value.
.
I've been sitting on those tapes for about a quarter century - time to
start looking around for someone who can use them I guess.
.
Thanks for responding.
.
Lyle