Re: [tlug] rdesktop and jp106 keyboard?

> I guess as soon as you can switch to jp layout on your host OS,
> you will be able to type properly.

Thanks. (I cannot find a way to change the keyboard; I guess I don't
have permissions for it.)

But, I'm assuming the whole point of rdesktop's keymap parameter is to
save me having to do this. I.e. if I changed the remote machine keyboard
layout to match the layout of the physical keyboard I have in front of
me, then there is nothing to map! Perhaps I've misunderstood the process?

BTW, I looked at /usr/share/rdesktop/keymaps/ja and it does show
different keys for colon and semi-colon. So, I do agree with you that
there seems nothing to fix on the client side.

Darren

P.S. Off the topic of keyboard layouts, but I did spot the below. I.e.
if using rdesktop be prepared to need a very recent version to connect
to Windows 8:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7443267/what-version-of-rdp-is-used-in-windows-8