Re: [tlug] Gazing up and to the left

On 02/09/2012 06:21 PM, Nicolas Limare wrote:

I followed the Sensei's recommendation, and finding something about
--geometry, was able to succeed in starting some (but not all) X
apps up in other places than the upper left corner on a case-by-case
basis. But the Sensei can't help me any further than this. And while
there were examples on the web, nothing that goes beyond the man
page.

I think you can not find more help there because the position of the
windows is not decided by X but by your Windows Manager. With GNOME,
you probably use the Metacity Windows Manager. With GNOME 3, it's
Mutter.

OK, I'm using Kubuntu at the moment, so I suppose I need to look in that direction...

Chuck

--
-------------------

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan

Office: 03-5841-3735