Re: [tlug] defending a personal server from attacks

Hello Godwin, Lars, Darren

Thank you for your responses.

fail2ban seems cool. It dynamically adds (and then removes) rules to
your firewall when it detects an attack from the logs. Configuring it
was simple (hope I got it right. Will confirm this in the next attack,
but I hope that doesn't happen too soon :-) )

> I've never regretted my decision a few years back to move email off of
> my home/office server and on to a large ISP. Mail is just so much work
> to maintain.

Agree 100% with you on this. I use this server mostly for learning purposes.

Best regards,
Hector