Re: [tlug] [OT] Selling Mamiya RZ67: Fate of Film

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:46:35 +0900, Pietro Zuco <mailto@example.com> wrote:

> I'm selling a Mamiya RZ67. It's an analog camera, good to start
> the art of retro analog photography.

Kodak just filed for bankruptcy. I wonder how well Fujifilm is doing.

I think film will endure as a niche, but I worry that that niche
will become too tiny so that film will become too hard to get and
too expensive.

If it's going to be expensive, you might as well go whole hog
and do platinum prints. I saw some old platinum prints
a few years ago and was astounded at how good they were.
If I recall correctly, I think Ansel Adams played with platinum prints.