Re: [tlug] Stupid mistake?": Remote Administration

Something I do for my remote customers with a box behind a
firewall that they need me to remotely administer,
is to have a little script on their computer with a
name like letdavidin that has something like the following:

   ssh -f -N -l frabish -R 1234:localhost:22 punchcutter.ml1.net

where punchcutter.ml1.net is of my box. After the remote person
executes the letdavidin script on the remote computer and
correctly types the password, on my local box, I execute a
command, something like:

   ssl -p 1234 root@example.com

Voila! I'm administering their computer.