Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

On 18 October 2011 05:25, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:
> I recently tried out the Elive CD and it's actually pretty impressive.
> When I tried to install it to give it a further evaluation, the
> installer said you have to pay a fee to do that, to further support the
> project. That really rubbed me the wrong way, so that's as far as I
> went.

Yeah, that surprised me also, and I also hit the emergency eject when
I saw it. Then I went to the website to see why, and there is no
mention of it in the install faq. The licencing page specifically
mentions in the summary that you are free to install it. Then there is
a point about not using it for war. Can they have such a clause on GPL
and BSD software? For sure that breaks one of the DFSG freedoms,
right?

nigel