Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?

On 20 October 2011 14:32, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> nigel barker writes:
>
>  > but they only need to run cups as a client, don't they?
>
> Buwhahaha.  Sorry, CUPS doesn't work that way.  It can probably be
> operated that way, but good luck if that's what you want to do.

Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just thinking as in
samba-client &co. These macs are private computers, and they just want
to use the school printers, not share anything they plug in of their
own. OTOH I don't care if they do accidentally share a printer. Anyway
there are only two cases that have been brought to my attention, and
only one of them where I actually got round to looking at
localhost:631. Since both were in the last few weeks, and I knew there
was a MacOS update recently, I wondered if there had been a change to
the printing system. I'll see what can be done in the control panel
next week.

nigel