Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 19:23:13 +0900
- From: nigel barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?
- References: <CADLSRd4RQXyEEwF95w11EynUnuPbDjPrxi3Wq8ZeVoyf+E=s2Q@example.com> <email@example.com> <CADLSRd5Zy1=ep102D5bMuPKranE7cNdAJ5nTBxXGNbasL4dyig@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 20 October 2011 14:32, Stephen J. Turnbull <email@example.com> wrote: > nigel barker writes: > > > but they only need to run cups as a client, don't they? > > Buwhahaha. Sorry, CUPS doesn't work that way. It can probably be > operated that way, but good luck if that's what you want to do. Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just thinking as in samba-client &co. These macs are private computers, and they just want to use the school printers, not share anything they plug in of their own. OTOH I don't care if they do accidentally share a printer. Anyway there are only two cases that have been brought to my attention, and only one of them where I actually got round to looking at localhost:631. Since both were in the last few weeks, and I knew there was a MacOS update recently, I wondered if there had been a change to the printing system. I'll see what can be done in the control panel next week. nigel
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Does Mac still use cups?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links