[tlug] Does Mac still use cups?

nigel barker writes:

 > Does MacOS no longer use cups? Until recently Mac users at my
 > school could see the printers, but now it seems new Macs can't.

AFAIK it does.  I bought a Mac with Snow Leopard on it a couple about
6 months ago, and it runs CUPS.

Make sure it's running and configured to browse the network; it's
generally a bad idea to run servers and maybe Apple's getting more
conservative about starting servers without explicit request from the
user in recent versions of the OS.

If it's running, visit http://localhost:631/ and see what happens.