Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Pre-linux problem: How to access BIOS/setup
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:33:32 +0900
- From: Raedwolf Summoner <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Pre-linux problem: How to access BIOS/setup
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Got my TLUG digest today and really appreciated all the helpful
answers. I had indeed already tried the usual suspects, the DEL
key being my favorite, but was in limbo when I did it. I suppose
I had accessed the BIOS setup, but still just couldn't see it
because of the connector problem. I was afraid to press too
many buttons while stalled because I didn't want to do anything
weird in setup.
Guilty admission: I had connected both HDMI cables and DVI
cables to compare the screens and see if I like one or the other
better. DVI gave me a really strange oversized screen from
which I couldn't access the Windoze menu. No problem with
it after disconnecting the HDMI cable. Haven't yet tried to see
if HDMI alone (with no DVI) will show the startup screen.
I guess hooking them both up even though both are on the card
is a no-no.
I am now happily running Linux again. Still haven't hooked up
my Brother printer/scanner (a nuisance, but not really difficult)
and have yet to download the proprietary driver for my Nvidia
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] -reminder-[announcement] nomikai October 14 (Friday)
- Next by Date: [tlug] Windows 8 secure boot would exclude Linux
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Pre-linux problem: How to access BIOS/setup
- Next by thread: [tlug] -reminder-[announcement] nomikai October 14 (Friday)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links