Re: [tlug] Broken PDF printers and Closed fon spots

On 09/09/2011 15:49, Taisuke Yamada wrote
> At last year's TeX-users meetup, I came to learn that
> - Font-embedded PDF is the way to go. Goodbye with non-WYSISYG PDF!

About five years ago I discovered the joy of Xe(La)Tex which solved all my
font problems and is wonderfully Unicode-happy as well. However, it is
apparently not very good at typesetting Japanese, so this year I am getting to
grips with uplatex - good Japanese support and UTF-8 happy, although font
selection is not easy. I would love to see a upxelatex but I don't imagine
that is coming any day soon. Still, 両方ともおすすめ。

Simon