Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

On 7 September 2011 21:21, Martin G <ebisumartin@example.com> wrote:

> It seems to say utf-8 in all the right places... doesn't it?

It does to me.

I want to go back to your initial post, where you said for
恵比寿 it displayed u6075u6bd4u5bff (or something like that.)

They are in fact the UCS code-points for the kanji in 恵比寿.
My guess is that either:

(a) the server screwed up and sent out that "unnnn"
coding, despite being told to send UTF-8 (unlikely)

(b) your mobile app. received the UTF-8 ok,
reversed the transform correctly to get the code-points
and then was unable to get the fonts, so put out the
code-point values instead. (more likely).

Without having a Galaxy there is no way I can test
that theory. There's a good chance that if I tried my
own phone (HTC, Android 2.2.1) it would work anyway.

Not much help. Just thinking aloud.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University