Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

>  > A meta-tag should override the http header.
>
> It maybe *should*, but it *don't*.

I first wrote "will override" then thought about browser bugs so changed
it to "should". Thanks for the standards information; very ironic that
what I thought were browser bugs were correct implementation, and vice
versa.

(I've always tried to use http headers, whether from PHP or Apache, to
bypass the whole browser-bugs issue; so meta tags for Content-Type have
only ever been in my pages to shut up validation tools.)

> I suspect that the underlying problem is either that the HTTP header
> of the main HTML document has a bogus charset parameter

If I've understood the problem correctly, the html document now works
(after adding the meta tag), but it is the json data (presumably sent
via ajax) that is not. And only on one browser (on android).

But if it isn't http headers, and isn't the html document, what is left?!

Darren