Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] How to proceed with RAID drive failure [SOLVED]
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:26:45 +0900
- From: Martin G <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] How to proceed with RAID drive failure [SOLVED]
Josh, Atilla,Thank you for responding.gnome-disk-utility for the win!
I got it off the link Josh provided, and it rebuilt my RAID on the new disk on the fly.Nice.Thanks to everyone for the help!--Dave M GOn Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Josh Glover <email@example.com> wrote:2011/7/13 Attila Kinali <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
What's the other? Speed?
> That's the one of the two big disadvantages of software RAID
> There is no automagic reconstruction, because the RAID system does not
> know whether a drive will end up in the RAID or whether it will beThis is also true of hardware RAID (except for stand-alone storage
> used for something else.
boxes) in that you have to add the drive to the RAID in some sort of
BIOS or by using a CLI tool to instruct the controller to use the
Or am I missing something?
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
please see the instructions at http://lists.tlug.jp/list.html
The TLUG mailing list is hosted by the award-winning Internet provider
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] How to proceed with RAID drive failure
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] git: push from behind the firewall
- Previous by thread: [tlug] [announcement] nomikai July 22 (Friday)
- Next by thread: [tlug] CPU speed: reported vs. actual
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links