Re: [tlug] How to proceed with RAID drive failure

Josh,

Thanks for responding.

As you suggested, I unplugged one drive at a time, rebooted, and the one that didn't work was the one I replaced.

I managed to get a drive of almost exactly the same specs. It's plugged in now, and according to the partition manager, it's all unallocated space so far. I was kind of hoping that there might be some kind of automagic detection and setup, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

It's a software RAID that was put together from the Ubuntu alternative install CD when I first installed Ubuntu on this machine, so I'm assuming there's some configuration tool somewhere that I can use to get the new drive to mirror the old drive, but beats me where the heck that is.

I'm going to try and figure that out a little later tonight by poking around on the net, but if anyone just happens to know, by all means don't hesitate to mention it... ;)

--
Dave M G