Re: [tlug] SSH Tunneling basics

Hi Charles,

On 10/06/11 11:13, Charles Muller wrote:
Almost every time I go on an overseas conference trip, although I am
able to access the web and my email accounts from my hotel room, I
am usually not able to access my web site server via SSH.

I don't know how to help you as the machine that I get through from overseas is set up by someone else...

But just wanted to mention that I've noticed that sometimes the hotel can prevent ssh access to the outside, somehow, even when using my own laptop (and not borrowing their's or using whatever they have in the hotel lobby). In these cases, I don't know how to get through ... wish I did...

Ray