Re: [tlug] The wrong kanji has returned

Travis,

Thanks for responding.

In that previous thread, there were two hacks to fix the problem:
1. remove Chinese fonts (which are installed by default on Ubuntu)
2. change the font priority to use Japanese fonts over Chinese fonts
Did you try the first option?  Could you confirm that the "ttf-wqy-*"
fonts are not installed on your system?

Yes, I followed all instructions in the previous thread, and there are no ttf-wqy-* fonts on my system at all.

Further, I went into Synaptic and tried to remove anything that had a reference to Chinese fonts entirely.

Just now I confirmed that the exact same problem exists on my home desktop as well as my laptop. It's possible that this problem has existed since upgrading to 11.04. Maybe something got reset.

Any other suggestions?

--
Dave M G