Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:56:48 +0900
- From: Pier Fumagalli <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- References: <4D7972F4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
(off list) If you're interested in some numbers as a reference, for us (www.gilt.jp, retail site) over may we had:
- Internet Explorer / Windows 62.37%
- Safari / Macintosh 10.19%
- Chrome / Windows 6.12%
- Firefox / Windows 5.98%
- Safari / iPhone 5.21%
- Firefox / Macintosh 2.71%
- Safari / Android 1.84%
- Safari / iPad 1.77%
- Chrome / Macintosh 1.09%
- Android Browser / Android 0.79%With regards to IE specifics, we saw:
- 8.0 77.19%
- 7.0 14.68%
- 6.0 5.28%
- 9.0 2.84%Firefox:
- 4.0 57.34%
- 3.6 32.91%
- 3.5 1.53%I hope this helps...PierOn Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:55, Darren Cook <email@example.com> wrote:
Does anyone freely publish browser market share for just Japan? Either
some company collating lots of results, or analysis for a big site.
Stats for Yahoo Japan would be just perfect! (Being open source, I
thought ja.wikipedia.org might publish log analysis, but I couldn't find
I'm generally interested in market share, including how much of PC
traffic is now coming from mobile phones. However my question of the day
is I see IE6 still claims 11% market share globally but I've heard this
is mostly due it being pre-installed on pirated copies of Windows XP,
and that the 11% global share is all due to 20% share in China and
Korea, and it is close to 1% in the rest of the world.
(If you know of any companies selling worthwhile OS/browser data against
*demographic data*, for Japan, China and Korea, please let me know; if
it is only available in native language I can cope with that, but I need
a recommendation to know the data is statistically meaningful and from a
P.S. Apparently firefox is losing global market share, but what is
happening is that it is still growing but the "pie" is growing faster,
and segments where Firefox is strong (Europe, and users who can count to
3 in binary) are not growing as quickly.
Darren Cook, Software Researcher/Developer
http://dcook.org/work/ (About me and my work)
http://dcook.org/blogs.html (My blogs and articles)
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
please see the instructions at http://lists.tlug.jp/list.html
The TLUG mailing list is hosted by the award-winning Internet provider
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
- Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- From: Pier Fumagalli
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links