Re: [tlug] Gnome 3

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:46:30AM +0200, Ondrej Martinak wrote:

> One thing i don't like is switching between multiple windows of the same
> application - when you press 'alt+tab' you can switch between the
> applications but to switch between different windows you need to select
> the application, press 'down arrow' and then use 'left, right arrows'.
> So its pretty uncomfortable to switch between multiple terminals for
> example. Maybe there's a better way?

+1
I really like the WindowManager style here, for alt+tab just serially changing
between the apps of the currently visible virtual screen.  For the gnome3 way
I would actually have to look at the mini terminals in the app preview, identify
the one I want and then select it.
I reverted now to a style where I have either just one terminal per virtual
screen - as switching virtual screens is easy.  Or have a second, not so often
used terminal open and activate it using the thinkpad trackball, which is
slower than using keys but still more comfortable for me than crawling
through all the open terminals..

Christian