Re: [tlug] Need a Japanese keyboard

On 04/08/2011 10:26 PM, Marco Toldo wrote:
Hi Josh,

as far as I know, you can directly buy from amazon.co.jp almost any
item (just few exceptions...) and get it delivered to your country
without any problem (...apart from very high shipping cost as
international delivery is done with express courier only!)

Wasn't it Josh who taught us to go to Amazon.com, find the number for what we wanted, and then order it from Amazon.co.jp to have it delivered locally? Can't the same thing be done in the opposite direction?

Have you ever shopped at en.rakuten.co.jp ?
They ship to (almost) any place in the world at reasonable prices and
have a large number of shops selling keyboards. Here are some
examples:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/trendone/tk-up84cpwh/
http://en.item.rakuten.com/menet/tk-up84cpbk/
http://en.item.rakuten.com/akgshop/tk-fcm006wh/

A lot of these shops are good. Some, however ... aren't. Most are anal about daily contact until you tell them the package has arrived. But, I am now working with one that hasn't replied since I placed an order. And the fix process isn't as instantaneous.

Hope this can help you.

Just using iBus not enough? Or, do you actually worry about what all of those extra keys do?

CL