Re: [tlug] ZenCSS and Firefox on linux

>> On my machine, Mozilla Iceweasel (Firefox) 3.5 Debian "Squeeze"
>> 6.0.1 amd64, this page looks good and very similar if not identical to
>> the rendering from Chromium 10.
>>
> It looks ok on my machine too.  Firefox 3.6.16/Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks for the replies, they were very helpful. It seems half the
problem was I have minimum font size set to 10. When I set it to "none"
the bottom picture now correctly displays under the text.

But I still see two fish appearing under the bottom picture instead of
on top of it. Even with all plugins now disabled. And I cannot see what
other options I could change.
...zooming page 3 times, with zoom-text-only, and I finally get to see
the page how it was intended. This works even with a minimum font-size
set and all plugins enabled again.

Darren

P.S. (Getting off-topic, into web design)
But it seems this design is fragile anyway: each divider is a separate
image, using a slightly different background gradient and they are out
of sync too (try playing with zoom, set to "zoom text only"; my guess is
you'll see this in any firefox).

Not all the designs are so sensitive to zoom or min-font-size, but they
still seem to be affected. E.g. the default design, 001, I can get to
break when I zoom (zoom-text-only) far enough that single words no
longer fit in their allocated column space. But even without
zoom-text-only, zooming too far hides the first three paragraphs under
the right column (this can be seen in both firefox and chromium).