Re: [tlug] Measuring radioactivity at TEPCO Fukushima plant

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:43:22 +0900, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking there is nothing we can do except
> wait (... iodine ...)[?]

You can eat things rich in iodine, such as wakame (ワカメ),
nori (海苔), and kombu (昆布), harvested before the tsunami,
so that your body has all the iodine it needs and is not
hungry for iodine from tainted sources.

As others have pointed out, it looks like the risks for most
people from radioactive iodine are presently low.