Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

03.03.2011 02:19, Nguyen Vu Hung пишет:
Hello all,

I still remembered that it is the book "Unix - the power tools"
recommended me sed and awk as a tool set for text processing.

They are powerfull; I love one-line shell commands but they are
hard to remember.

Later, I went for PHP which has similar or even more powerful
APIs for text processing, I could call system("including sed and awk commands");
anytime I wanted...

Well, I think PHP has reached its limit and as said below, the OP says
Python is better; Ruby looks good as well.

I am looking for a tool that replaces PHP which is easy to use and and has
easy to remember syntax.

Any recommendations other than Ruby and Python?

Tcl - very simple syntax (11 rules), very powerfull language.
Also I can recommend to look at Newlisp or some Scheme implementation.

Haskell will be more convinient for text processing tasks, that any other language,
but it's Haskell.