Re: [tlug] Prevent access shared server using PHP

On 2 March 2011 11:23,  <pietro@example.com> wrote:

>> a) Apache install using suexec to give your pre-prod site its own user.
>
> In this case you suggest to discard the RPM one and compile it from
> source?

I'd have thought you could at least find a third-party RPM for this,
but that still leaves you with a slightly non-standard,
harder-to-maintain setup. So I'd have thought that something like

> I can leave the VPS for production and configure pre-prod on one cheap
> webhost-cpanel one.

...would be your best bet in terms of simplicity, security and sanity.

--
Edmund Edgar
Founder, KK Social Minds

ed@example.com