Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Auto fill password in shell script?
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:24:26 +0900
- From: Dave M G <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Auto fill password in shell script?
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101208 Thunderbird/3.1.7
TLUG, So, I had this really elegant back up system all set up that would log into my various web servers, make MySQL dumps, collect logs, tar files... it's pretty nice. Except... at one point it requires me to log in by SSH to execute some commands. Which I can do, except that I need to enter a password. This doesn't fly for setting up a cron job to execute this script on a regular basis. I tried to see if I could get my main web hosting service to set up a key pair so I could log in via SSH without a password, like I do on my LAN. But no, they have set their system up to not allow that. Can't say I blame them. I can see how that might be a security risk. But it ruins my beautiful back up plans! So I was wondering... can I store the password somewhere and have it auto respond to the password request to the server from within my shell script that does all this wonderful backing up? If so, that would be awesome. Any tips or advice would be most appreciated. -- Dave M G
- Re: [tlug] Auto fill password in shell script?
- From: Romeo Theriault
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Oh, permissions, how I love constantly fighting thee [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Auto fill password in shell script?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Oh, permissions, how I love constantly fighting thee
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Auto fill password in shell script?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links