Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:23:24 +0100
- From: Sylvain Vedrenne <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
- References: <4D306C45.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4D311CE8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Dave, Just two comments (see below) if it helps. On sam, 2011-01-15 at 13:04 +0900, Dave M G wrote: (..) > Here is the output from top. (..) > top - 12:44:48 up 12:04, 2 users, load average: 1.85, 1.67, 1.57 > Tasks: 155 total, 1 running, 154 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie > Cpu(s): 11.0%us, 1.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 87.3%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.3%si, > 0.0%st > Mem: 1025632k total, 971528k used, 54104k free, 22120k buffers > Swap: 6144824k total, 4332k used, 6140492k free, 578664k cached > > Couple things stand out to me. One is that is says there are 2 users. > That seems odd. Also, "id" is at 87% percent, and goes as high as 95%. > "wa", though, is only 0%. The fact 2 'users' are counted by 'top' is normal. 1 more 'user' each time you open a terminal for example. > Here is the output from the other suggested commands: > > $ smartctl -a /dev/sdwhateversmartctl 5.40 2010-03-16 r3077 > [i686-pc-linux-gnu] (local build) > Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net > Smartctl open device: /dev/sdwhatever failed: No such device On your machine, it seems you have one single hard drive, sda, so the command to type is literally: smartctl -a /dev/sda Good luck. Sylvain -- Sylvain Vedrenne シルヴァン・ヴドレンヌ Email: email@example.com Web: http://sylvain.vedrenne.org
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down: logs, smartctl, DNS?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links