[tlug] Reversing a YUI compressed file

Dave M G writes:

 > every year. The key is that last bit. Because we've just changed the
 > year, Back In Time removed all back ups from 2010 except for the last
 > one, on December 31st.

That's hideously bad design.  Of course, hideously bad design is
rampant, so it's all your fault for not reading the source code. :-P
But if they can screw that one so badly (we can assume you have enough
space for 12 monthly backups or things would get horked sometime
before December, so why not keep up to 12 monthly backups?), maybe you
should think about a different backup utility.

 > I think even if I were to be able to do something like insert a line
 > break after every "}" character that would make it parsable enough for
 > me to edit.

sed -e "s/}/}\n/g" file.js > file2.js

I don't think I would recommend sed -i. :-)  600K sounds like a lot,
but on modern machines I wouldn't be surprised if sed can handle a
600K line.  If not, some perlmonger will have a suggestion I think.